Maybe I could spare a couple minutes a day writing out my thoughts. Something to learn from my time on earth. Today I listen to a sermon from rockharbor.org. that talks about putting the kingdom of God into our lives, making moments where His kingdom burst into out reality. There were small moments, such as the helping of a neighbor, considering a shop-lifters problems and the forgiving of a molesting brother. Then parts of the sermon on the mount were read and then a reflection of what it meant to lose your life. Jesus wasn´t talking about the losing the good things, happiness, but pride power status control instead. There is a human tendency to keep yourself in check about the status of your life, your appearance, your finances. Ask if maintanence meant complete control, like you grew a seed between your hands.
Another realization that I hand today was that it´s very difficult for me to seperate out my day. For example, work on an essay while waiting for someone to pick me up. That is what I need to learn how to do. God, make me efficient, so that I may use some of my free time to help others. Make my desires pure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment